> My bookmarks

Higher education at 18/19 or later

Sign in or register to add to ‘Bookmarks’ in ‘My Career Tools’

What is higher education level study?



There are lots of different types of higher education level courses available. Higher education means any sort of nationally recognised qualification which is at Level 4 or above (A Levels, BTEC National and Advanced Apprenticeship are Level 3). A degree starts at Level 4 and progresses to Level 6, in the third year.

Although in the past higher education courses were just delivered at universities, they are now offered by universities, colleges and also by some training providers.

So, if you have Level 3 qualifications like A Levels, Advanced Apprenticeship, BTEC National, etc. then you could explore higher level study at 18/19. If you haven't, but would be interested in higher level study later, there are lots of ways in, through Access Courses and through study alongside work.

If you are interested in higher education then the information in this section will help you:

Yes Progress! website for 19+

If you are over Yes Progress! website which has information for adults about progressing to higher level education.