A job or career
I definitely know what I want to do
Finding the information I need
- Find out all you can about the job or career that interests you. In 'Level Up!' you will find information about a range of job sectors to help you.
- Explore different job profiles on the National Careers Service site or different Career Areas on the Plotr site.
- Think about the job or career itself – what it offers, the qualifications and skills that you need and how the job market in that sector is doing – especially in times of recession.
- Ask your school if they provide career software programmes you can use to help you research. You can also find more information in Where to look for further information on jobs and careers.
- Do the Level Up! Profile Builder so you can look at your skills against what a job requires. Do you see any gaps? How can you fill them? What qualifications or training do you need?
- It’s always worth discussing your plans with someone. This could be a parent/carer, teacher, tutor or a careers adviser. You can access an adviser through the National Careers Service for Young People.
- Remember it is always worth having a look at more than one job and more than one job sector, just in case your first idea doesn’t work out.